- A girl’s self-esteem peaks at age 9 and is on a steady decline from there.
- 81% of 10-year-old girls are afraid of being fat. 80% of eighth grade girls say they are on diets.
- 7 in 10 girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way
- Across the nation 50% of young girls engage in negative activities such as injuring and cutting themselves or engage in unhealthy eating habits and disorders due to self-esteem and self-image issues.
- 70% of girls ages 15-17 do not choose to participate in normal everyday activities due to a lack of self-worth.
- A girl is bullied every 7 minutes while at school or on the bus.
- 90% of girls want to change some aspect of their appearance.
- 61% of girls admit to talking badly about themselves.