Roots and Wings exists to help girls confidently claim the statement, “I Matter!” Girls gain experience with the tools to prevent harmful behaviors that they may encounter as they enter their teen years. Often linked to low self-esteem, some of these harmful behaviors may include substance use, unhealthy eating habits, sexual activity, criminal activity, and personal harm.
Through Roots and Wings, girls learn to:
- clearly express their wants and needs
- build healthy, supporting relationships
- understand and manage their emotions
- set short and long-term goals
- problem solve effectively